Scanco Multi-Bin WMS for Work Order Overview
Picking Sheet Options
Work Order Picking Sheet Printing
Work Order Transaction Entry
1. MULTI-BIN FOR WORK ORDER
When creating Work Order Transactions, bins can be designated in several places to ensure that raw materials and finished goods are pulled and placed properly.
2. WORK ORDER PICKING SHEET OPTIONS
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT > SETUP MENU
All of the Picking Sheets in the system are governed by the same options set in the Pick Sheets tab of Multi-Bin Options.
Picking Sheet Options for Sales Order, Bill of Materials and Work Order
Bin Location Print Order - Allows users to manage the order in which inventory appears on the pick Sheet.
- Select Bin Location for listing alphabetically by Bin Location Code.
- Select Sort Code to print locations in Wave order using the Sort Code in Bin Location
- Select Primary Pick Location to print only the item’s primary pick
Override Sort for Lot Serial Items - Allows users to manage the order in which lotted and serialized inventory appears on the pick Sheet.
- Select Lot Number to sort by Lot Number.
(*E) Select Expiration Date to sort by the item’s expiration date. Only available when using Multi-Bin Expiration Date Control add-on.
Type of Quantity to Print - Allows users to decide how quantity is displayed, as Quantity on Hand or Quantity Available.
Limit to One Row of Inventory - Because the pick sheet is able to print all bins for a given item, users have the ability to limit the output of bin locations to a single row across.
3. Manufacturing Options
Multi-Bin Auto Inventory Allocation for B/M Production Entry and W/O Transaction Entry
Finished Goods Allocation Options– Default to:
- Auto assign the primary bin location
- Auto assign the warehouse staging location
- No Prompt and No Auto Assign
Finished Goods Allocate to Sales Orders and Print Pick Sheets – auto allocates finished goods inventory to sales orders. The results of allocations are printed on the back order fill report which is printed before updating. Subsequent to the hard allocations performed during the update—the system will offer to print the sales order pick sheets for the all of the orders allocated.
Allocate FG Inventory to Sales Orders:
- None to disable
- S/O Backorders, only will only auto allocate receipts to backorder type sales orders.
- S/O Backorders - Std Orders, will auto allocate receipts to backorder type sales orders and standard sales orders with a quantity back ordered.
- Orders selected on Work Orders will only auto allocate completions where the sales order number is selected.
Pick Sheet not printed — before selecting orders to allocation - checking this option verifies sales order pick sheet was not printed.
- Alloc by Ship Date - allocation sort order
- Alloc by the Sales Order No — allocation sort order
- Print Only
Print S/O Pick Sheets after FG Update — Prompt for the printer to print to or a printer can be preselected in options
Raw Materials Allocation Options:
Auto Assign Material Issues Options - There are several auto assign options:
- Prompt Auto Apply Buttons - A pop-up prompt will appear (from the selections made in the bottom half of this screen.) The system will auto-assign bins based on that.
- Primary Pick Location
- Whse Ship Staging Location
- Customer Location (W/O)
- Order No Loc (W/O)
- Auto Assign Primary Item Bin Location - Will automatically pull the component item from the Primary Pick Location set in Inventory Maintenance— Multi-bin
- Auto Assign Warehouse Staging Location - Will automatically pull the component item from the Warehouse Staging Location designated in Warehouse Code
- No Prompt, No Auto Assign - Requires a completely manual selection of
Allocate Lot Serial First from Primary Pick/Staging Locations - If users choose to let the system allocate Lot / Serial Items, they can choose to first check the primary pick or staging locations.
Lot Serial Items then allocate by - After Lot/Serial items have been exhausted from the primary pick or staging location, the system can pull by:
- Receipt Date FIFO- Pulls from the bin with the next receipt date, where the FIFO method will be used.
- Lot/Serial Number - Pulls from the bin with the next sequential lot or serial number (great if dates are used in the lot number).
- (*E) Expiration Date FIFO - Pulls from the bin with the next sequential expiration date. This option is only available if the Expiration Date Control module is installed.
NON Lot Serial Items then allocate by - After Non-Lot/Serial items have been exhausted from the primary pick or staging location, the system can allocate by:
- Bin Location Code
- Overload bin and allow negative QOH
- Only from Primary Staging Location
- Received in Location FIFO
4. WORK ORDER PICKING SHEET PRINTING
WORK ORDER > MAIN MENU
Multi-Bin installs a new picking sheet to help manufacturers pick for their work orders more effectively. To utilize it, create a new form code in picking sheet printing and select the Multi- Bin Picking Sheet.
4. WORK ORDER TRANSACTION ENTRY
WORK ORDER > MAIN MENU
Work Order Material Issues must designate bins for raw materials. The system can help automate that distribution based on the options set in the Manufacturing Tab of Multi-Bin Options.
Work Order Completions must designate bins for finished goods to be received to.
(*E) Feature for Add-on for Expiration Date and Vendor Lot Traceability
(*P) Feature for Add-on for License Plating - Case Packs, Pallets, and Containers
(*W) Feature for Add-on for Wave Batch Picking