Sicaro Burnett 2019-05-22 in FAQs
This article describes the steps to get Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) to work with Windows 10.
The installer for WMDC can be downloaded from the link below:
Windows Mobile Device Center troubleshooting on Windows 10
- Unplug device from PC
- Open Windows Explorer
- Browse to C:\Windows\WindowsMobile
4. Right click on WMDC and choose Properties
5. Click on Compatibility
6. Click on Change settings for all users
7. Check the top box for Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista and the box for Privilege Level Run this program as administrator, click Apply, then Ok
8. Run the command prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one at a time
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
To open a command prompt as administrator, click start, type cmd, then right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
9. Open services.msc
10. Scroll down to Windows Mobile-2003 based device connectivity
Right click and stop the service if it’s started, if not right click and choose properties
Go to the Log On tab and check the box for Local System account.
Apply then OK
10. Right click on Windows Mobile-based device connectivity and stop the service is started otherwise choose properties
11. Download WMDC-Helper.exe from the Juniper Systems article https://www.junipersys.com/support/article/12162
After it has downloaded, move it to the desktop, right-click it, and Run as Administrator.
12. Reboot the PC.13. While the PC is rebooting, if there is nothing on the device that needs to be kept, clean/cold boot the device, if there are, warm boot the device.
15. Follow the steps in the Knowledge Base article below:
Besides the items to look for open USB Serial Bus Controllers. Look for any USB device that has (Device Descriptor Failed), if there are, remove them16. Open Windows Mobile Device Center, then plug in the mobile device.It should install the drivers and within a few minutes should start showing connecting then connected.
If the mobile device does not connect, in Device Manager, look for any unknown devices that appeared, attempt to update the driver by pointing to C:\Windows\Windows Mobile it should then start installing the driver and connect to Windows Mobile Device Center.
If you are on version 1709 or version 1803 of Windows 10 or on an earlier version of Windows 10 that was previously working you will need to uninstall and re-install Windows Mobile Device Center again using the following Knowledge Base article